The Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics group at Gritstone Oncology is looking for a Scientist/Senior Scientist to help lead qualitative and quantitative mass spectrometry efforts in immunopeptidomics. The primary role of the Scientist, Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics is to build and expand a large-scale tumor HLA peptide dataset using current methods and advance the methods to provide further biological characterization of the HLA presentation system in cancer. This position works in a fast-paced collaborative environment with genome sequencing, bioinformatics, and machine learning colleagues.
- PhD in Mass Spectrometry, Biochemistry or related field
- 3+ years relevant experience – responsibility and title will be commensurate with experience level
- Experience and expertise with Thermo Mass Spectrometers and data analysis systems
- Experience and expertise in nanoflow HPLC
- Working experience with immunoprecipitation sample preparation techniques
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, start-up company environment.
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined, and able to function independently, as well as part of a team.
- Strategic agility, strong critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in an evolving environment
- Excellent presentation and written/verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)