Reporting to the Facilities Engineer Director, the Facilities Supervisor is a hand-on position which will require a working knowledge in troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance procedures in relation to: CDA, VAC, HVAC, plumbing, PW and RODI systems in a cGMP manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will provide facility-related supervisory support and must have a strong understanding of cGMP manufacturing environment ideally in the vaccine manufacturing space.
- Supervise the planning and implementation of facilities and utilities-oriented operational projects. Accountable for project management through the entire manufacturing facility work flow including scope, commissioning, validation, and closeout. Responsible for writing and reviewing operational and maintenance procedures.
- Manage project costs, schedule and scope as they relate to quality, corporate goals and overall stakeholder requirements.
- Execute the planning and project management of facility-related annual shutdowns.
- Will manage teams consisting of internal staff, supervising and construction activities, and preparing turnover documentation.
- Available to respond to emergency off hour calls as required.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- An apprenticeship in the discipline of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, or related discipline is preferred.
- 8+ years of pharmaceutical construction or maintenance management, and/or project management experience.
- Knowledge requirements include biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical process and facility design approaches, plus a solid understanding of cGMP requirements.
- Must have strong understanding of MEP and utility systems as well as commissioning, qualification validation and maintenance activities.
- Must have experience in conceptual development, design and implementation, planning, scheduling and project management of capital or maintenance projects.
- Experience working to regulatory standards: FDA, Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP), and Good Documentation Procedures (GDP).
- Must have familiarity with MS Office and MS Project.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a good team attitude.