The Manager of Warehouse and Supply Logistics is responsible for setting direction and providing management to the Pleasanton logistics & warehouse functions. The Manager ensures all activities within span of control meet or exceed Gritstone Oncology’s standards and meet full compliance of all applicable regulatory governing (e.g., FDA, USDA, DEA, and DOT, etc.). In addition, this position is accountable for ensuring safe, cost-effective, and efficient warehouse and supply operations. This individual will lead the coordination and communication locally between departments, across functions, and represent Gritstone Oncology regionally in all matters pertaining to transportation and warehousing.
This position will establish and maintain procedures, plans and documentation associated with the logistics function.
The Manager of Warehouse and Supply Logistics will monitor team performance and training; mentor, coach and develop departmental staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the Manufacturing site logistics function, defining and setting overall strategy and direction in full alignment and integration with local, US and global operating units. Utilizes proven and develops new standards as required to achieve both strategic and operational success for the Company.
- Develops, oversees and directs the implementation of departmental operations, strategies, policies and procedures in accordance with all applicable governing bodies including but not limited to FDA, USDA, DOT, CBP, OSHA, and in alignment with all Company policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- Directs all activities of the logistics and warehouse function to enable a compliant cGMP manufacturing site. Implements and administers all systems and processes for maintaining control of 1) inventory and transaction accuracy, 2) warehouse and controlled temperature storage methods and facilities, and 3) domestic and international transportation programs, housekeeping, pest control and GMP compliance.
- Recruit, hire, train, coach and develop staff via effective performance and development planning. Manage the performance planning process for all direct reports, including yearly goal setting and performance reviews.
- Assigns and manages resources, and organizes appropriate training to ensure staff members are able to properly perform their jobs and operate in a safe and compliant manner.
- Writes and reviews reports, protocols and procedures upon request. Performs, documents and reviews change controls and investigations within their area of responsibility.
- Manages projects and initiatives related to capacity utilization and optimization. Leads process improvements to meet/exceed efficiency targets.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires formal training in supply chain management, logistics, or closely related discipline.
- Requires a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience that includes: in-depth understanding of cGMP Logistics operations, purchasing and inventory management in the Pharma/Biotech field.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years supervisory or management experience.
- Cold Chain experience required.
- Strong knowledge of Quality System Process: CAPA, Deviations, Change Controls required.
- Experience managing critical and complex projects required.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail and analytical thinking.
- Strong goal-setting, team leadership, mentoring and professional development skills required.
- Strong ability to influence in a team environment and collaborate with peers is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of Trade Compliance responsibilities, on both the import and export sides of the logistics business.
- Must have excellent technical writing ability, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience / ability to understand and develop procedures and other controlled documents required.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of software packages and technologies used in a typical logistics operation, specifically Microsoft Office.
- 3PL experience.
- Working experience and knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements (FDA, FAA, IATA, DOT, Customs, and OSHA).
- The ability to use a forklift and related warehouse equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull up to 125 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladder and stairs.
- Some domestic travel may be required.